Monday, March 11, 2013

Goblin faces



I re-watched the Rankin/Bass animated version of "The Hobbit" last night (on an old faded VHS copy). I'd love to manage some goblin costumes in that style (with the huge gaping mouths), but, given our budget and talent pool, we'll be lucky to find some simple masks and armor for our goblins. More importantly, I'm realizing I have a goblin shortage as we reach the Battle of Five Armies. Earlier, when the goblins grab the dwarfs seeking shelter from the storm, I can actually spare six or seven actors to put on goblin costumes, but at the end of the play, when Erebor is overwhelmed by goblin hordes, I only have TWO actors who aren't supposed to be other characters! So, we're trying to recruit some extras to put on the masks and attack the King under the Mountain. But that gets back to the issue that we need to find or make the masks...

No comments:

Post a Comment